Ryan admits he was pretty happy to be wearing sleepshades as he chopped the 18 onions it took to make his French onion soup. He is also now excited about cooking something other than “meat” since he came to the Center.
18 Onions & What do You Get? Ryan’s Mini-meal & the Inside of Your Sleepshades Are Wet
- It’s not 30 years of the Ice Cr... — Yesterday we gathered 106 people into the meeting room for an ice cream social. It’s an event we hold every June because of course it’s summer and it’s hot and so ice cream tastes great!. But we also do it to mark how exciting June can be with our usual Independence Training Students and staff… Continue Reading It’s [...]
- Blind people need to know about color... — That was one of the first lessons of the first day of summer for Confidence Camp kids this morning. “If someone asks you what your backpack looks like, what are you going to tell them?” the lesson continued. Yes, Monday began with learning for the 10 5 to 12-year-olds. It went on from there, including… Continue Reading Blind [...]
- Join us with @NFBCO & @ComcastCo... — Dear Friends – We want to bring your attention to an exciting event taking place here at the Colorado Center for the Blind on Sunday, June 24. At least, it will start and finish at the Center, because it is the national Federation of the Blind of Colorado’s first 6 Dot Dash 5K, and we… Continue Reading Join [...]
- Help Us Celebrate Thirty Years of the... — Did you attend the Colorado Center for the Blind, as an adult or in a summer youth program, or were a staff member at one time? We invite former students and staff, as well as prospective students to join us in celebration of 30 years of providing the training and tools that blind people need… Continue Reading Help [...]
- Hard Work & Passion for What You... — More than 130 were in attendance on April 17 for our second annual “Making Connections That Work for You: A Career and College Seminar”. From the beginning in the morning with two phenomenal keynote speakers untl the last breakout ended at 3 p.m., it was a day to learn about the world of work and… Continue Reading Hard [...]