Our long-time art instructor and national leader in tactile access to art and science Ann Cunningham was in the artists’ make-a-space at the Denver Art Museum (DAM) in February. A group from the Colorado Center for the Blind visited DAM and Ann’s exhibit and art-making on February 9. The collaboration between DAM and Ann caught the attention of others, resulting in this episode of the popular podcast, “Eyes on Success” – and interview by podcasters Peter Torpey and Nancy Goodman Torpey of Ann and folks at DAM.
#Accessible #TactileArt with @ArtACunningham at @DenverArtMuseum on “@_EyesOnSuccess
- Reminder: FAST Friday Fast Approachin... — March 9 will be Movie Night And our next FAST Friday at the Colorado Center for the Blind – our monthly activity for blind youth and their families. We’ll kick the evening off with pizza, then watch the documentary film, “Do You Dream in Color?” It follows four California high school students who are blind… Continue Reading Reminder: [...]
- Colorful CCB Alum Doing Color Comment... — Matt Wallace graduated from CCB in October of 2016. None of his contemporary students would be at all surprised to hear that Matt is doing color commentary for the Penn Women’s Ice Hockey team broadcasts. Matt loves sports. Matt knows sports. Matt talks sports. And talks and talks sports. Hey, savvy broadcast execs, recognize value… Continue Reading Colorful [...]
- Recent Newspaper Articles Highlight C... — We wanted to bring your attention to a couple of newspaper articles that appeared in November and brought attention to the Center. Both reflect great partnerships that help us ensure that our students can, as our tag line says, learn to “Take Charge with Confidence and Self-reliance!” The first, from November 5, appeared in the… Continue Reading Recent [...]
- Access & #TactileLiteracy: A Day... — Access to concepts and information presented in graphical form has long been a challenge for blind college students. In the past couple of decades the surge in digitally-displayed content has, well, gone supernova. Thus, blind college students need to develop basic tactile literacy with two- and thre-dimensional representations that their sighted peers may have learned… Continue Reading Access [...]
- One Whole Day for Holiday Art & ... — Tuesday is art day anyway, but this week it was art day all day long. Every student and staff member worked in the art room with Ann Cunningham and Jenny Callahan making ornaments, holiday cards or what ever else suited their fancy. Without a doubt , everyone enjoyed the break from regular classes and the… Continue Reading One [...]