Oh yes, we’re big on Braille here at CCB, because it is fundamental to literacy for blind people and has high correlations with successful employment of blind adults. Our camera man Mike stopped by one of Jen’s classes recently and collected this video.
From Beginner to Braille Master: A Day in One of Jen’s Braille Classes
- Solving the Blindness Puzzle: Trevor&... — As Trevor explains, he’s been “cubing” for years, figuring out better and faster ways to solve the Rubik’s Cube. Working out how to make the Cube tactile and using all that he’s already learned to solve it nonvisually is just a part of solving the blindness puzzle for Trevor – of taking charge and living… Continue Reading Solving [...]
- Quinoa and Kale? CCB and BLVS Partner... — We were pleased to have three professionals from Blind Low Vision Services, part of Colorado’s Dept. of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) at the Center for training this week. We spent four days together exploring every topic we could think of, including cane travel and cooking under sleepshades. We’ll let them introduce themselves and the meal they… Continue Reading Quinoa [...]
- Pleased to host #BrailleChallenge and... — Yes, we’re pleased and excite to be the host site for the Braille Challenge for 2017! Fifteen Metro-area students ages 6 to 17 are here to demostrate their skils in reading, writing and more using Braille. It’s our third year to host the Metro Challenge, which is sponsored by the Braille Institute of America and… Continue Reading Pleased [...]
- Reblog: Grafton’s Chaz Davis ha... — Editor’s Note: We thought this hometown article about our student Chaz and his American record in his first-ever marathon last month well worth the read. Needless to say, we’re excited for him and proud of his achievements! By John Conceison It’s always fine when a competitor thrives during an Olympic year. For Grafton’s Chaz Davis,… Continue Reading Reblog: [...]
- We’re Excited – Thanks for a Su... — Our 2016 Colorado Gives Day was our most successful ever, and we want to thank all of our friends and new acquaintances who helped make it so! In all, we received $15,230 via the online Colorado Gives web site, and all of that counts toward a share of the $1 million Incentive Fund offered by… Continue Reading We’re [...]