Oh yes, we’re big on Braille here at CCB, because it is fundamental to literacy for blind people and has high correlations with successful employment of blind adults. Our camera man Mike stopped by one of Jen’s classes recently and collected this video.
From Beginner to Braille Master: A Day in One of Jen’s Braille Classes
- Jamie Principato Semi-finalist for t... — We are excited to feature our former math tutor and continuing collaborator on Science, Technology and Math projects, Jamie Principato, who is a Semi-finalist for the $25,000 Holman Prize for Blind Ambition, offered by the LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired, San Francisco. Please watch her application video: Jamie Principato Rocket Scientist Semi-finalist for… Continue Reading Jamie [...]
- Graham Norwood Semi-finalist for the ... — We are excited to feature our current student, Graham Norwood, who is a Semi-finalist for the $25,000 Holman Prize for Blind Ambition, offered by the LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired, San Francisco. Please watch his application video: Graham Norwood Singer and songwriter, current student Semi-finalist for the Holman Prize The inspiration for the… Continue Reading Graham [...]
- Solving the Blindness Puzzle: Trevor&... — As Trevor explains, he’s been “cubing” for years, figuring out better and faster ways to solve the Rubik’s Cube. Working out how to make the Cube tactile and using all that he’s already learned to solve it nonvisually is just a part of solving the blindness puzzle for Trevor – of taking charge and living… Continue Reading Solving [...]
- Quinoa and Kale? CCB and BLVS Partner... — We were pleased to have three professionals from Blind Low Vision Services, part of Colorado’s Dept. of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) at the Center for training this week. We spent four days together exploring every topic we could think of, including cane travel and cooking under sleepshades. We’ll let them introduce themselves and the meal they… Continue Reading Quinoa [...]
- Pleased to host #BrailleChallenge and... — Yes, we’re pleased and excite to be the host site for the Braille Challenge for 2017! Fifteen Metro-area students ages 6 to 17 are here to demostrate their skils in reading, writing and more using Braille. It’s our third year to host the Metro Challenge, which is sponsored by the Braille Institute of America and… Continue Reading Pleased [...]