Last year’s gardening season, with the Arapahoe County Master Gardeners from first to last spade, and Kimberley giving us historic background.
CCB Legacy Garden: Kimberley & the Master Gardeners
- Summer Youth Explore the Garden — Today we start up again after our annual trip to the National Fedeeration of the Blind Convention in Orlando, but the CCB summer students got back in the swing of things yesterday. Since it was our appointed gardening day with the Master Gardeners, summer students and staff got the privilege of bringing in the first… Continue Reading Summer [...]
- Celebrating Our Senior Programs in Ne... — We’re proud of our senior programs and how they have changed the lives of seniors who have lost vision and the people who love them. We’re excited about how those programs continue to grow – from the residential Seniors in Charge (twice a year), to four support groups (one in Spanish), to ever-expanding opportunities to… Continue Reading Celebrating [...]
- Fitness & Sports Tomorrow for #N... — It’s happening here tomorrow starting at 10 a.m. Thanks to our partners at WE Fit Wellness and United States Association of Blind Athletes (USABA). Contributing will be Eye-Cycle, Achilles Denver and members of the Colorad Storm Beep Baseball team. And at lunch there wil be a keynote address from current CCB studentChaz Davis, a member… Continue Reading Fitness [...]
- May 2017 CCB Students of the Month — Dugan (left) and Ceci (right) were chosen by CCB staff to be May’s Students of the Month. Each received a $5 gift card to Romancing the Bean, the nearby coffee shop at the Littleton Downtown Station. Dugan is from St. Louis, and was recognized for the hard work and determination he has shown in his… Continue Reading May [...]
- Read a CCB Alum’s Contribution ... — We want to call your attention to this excellent article by Catherine Kudlick, a 2000 CCB grad, The Price of Disability Denial It was published in the New york Times on May 24 as part of its Disability series. The Times says: “Disability is a weekly series of essays, art and opinion by and about… Continue Reading Read [...]