We were delighted to have a visit from 2016 alum Peter Slatin, who is also now on our Board of Directors. Peter was in Colorado for Ski for Light and spent a few days in Denver afterward. He dropped in on art class and took up the Sensational Blackboard to do some experimenting with paper textures. That was Tuesday afternoon, and on Wednesday he returned to the Center to conduct Philosophy Class.
Checking in on Art Class: Peter Slatin Pays a Visit
- CCB gets perfect score, Students ... — The Colorado Center for the Blind received word in May that we had been recertified by the National Blindness Certification Board for another three years, and that we received the first-ever score of 100 percent following the onsite review. That news was reported last week to the CCB Board of Directors! Our distinguished Board of… Continue Reading CCB [...]
- It’s Not Just a Button – ... — Ashley took the practical desire to know how to sew on a button several steps further after signing up for the after-school sewing class, and turned her new sewing skills into tactile [...]
- Tactile Art Club to Hold First Meetin... — The first-ever meeting of a new Tactile Art Club will meet at CCB from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, January 17. It will be held monthly on the third Tuesday of each month. Our long-time collaorator and art instructor, Ann Cunningham, CCB alum Jenny Callahan and CCB Tech Instructor Yolanda Thompson hatched the idea, inspired… Continue Reading Tactile [...]
- Belted Kingfisher, Orange Belts and Y... — So this is how Tuesday goes at CCB sometimes. First thing this morning Alie Mays came for our “Birdying by Ear” class. Seven of us reviewed recordings of local bird songs, then walked over to Sterne Park, where we heard mallards, doves, goldfinches and of course Canada geese. Today’s mascot was the belted kingfisher, an… Continue Reading Belted [...]
- Sharing art before next week’s ... — With just a week to go before the third annual exhibit, “Shared Visions Collaborative Artworks”, some Center art students traveled to Arapahoe Community College to make some art and to offer some feedback to painting students on their tactile works. For their very first class with Ann Cunningham, the newest group of CCB art students… Continue Reading Sharing [...]