We were delighted to have a visit from 2016 alum Peter Slatin, who is also now on our Board of Directors. Peter was in Colorado for Ski for Light and spent a few days in Denver afterward. He dropped in on art class and took up the Sensational Blackboard to do some experimenting with paper textures. That was Tuesday afternoon, and on Wednesday he returned to the Center to conduct Philosophy Class.
Checking in on Art Class: Peter Slatin Pays a Visit
- Access & #TactileLiteracy: A Day... — Access to concepts and information presented in graphical form has long been a challenge for blind college students. In the past couple of decades the surge in digitally-displayed content has, well, gone supernova. Thus, blind college students need to develop basic tactile literacy with two- and thre-dimensional representations that their sighted peers may have learned… Continue Reading Access [...]
- One Whole Day for Holiday Art & ... — Tuesday is art day anyway, but this week it was art day all day long. Every student and staff member worked in the art room with Ann Cunningham and Jenny Callahan making ornaments, holiday cards or what ever else suited their fancy. Without a doubt , everyone enjoyed the break from regular classes and the… Continue Reading One [...]
- Eagle Scout Project Enhances Art Room — With many students and the results of their projects, supplies ranging from clay to wax to stone and of course the tools to work with each, an art room can quickly succumb to forces best summed up in the statement: “All things tend toward disorder.” This may be a paraphrase and we certainly don’t recall… Continue Reading Eagle [...]
- A Peek at Hands-on with the “Sh... — Here are a few photos from the Shared Visions reception at the Colorado Gallery of the Arts at Arapahoe Community College on Thursday night. Everyone got hands on with pieces from Nathan Abels’ painting and drawing classes. CCB students also had laser-cuts of drawings they made in Ann Cunningham’s art class with accompanying Haiku, and… Continue Reading A [...]
- Shared Visions #TactileArt Exhibit Op... — Editor’s Note: Here’s the announcement from ACC for this year’s “Shared Visions” tactile art exhibit. It’s the fourth year we collaborated on this event, and a highlight of the fall for our students and staff. The show will include work by CCB students and perhaps from one or two staff members as well. Worth checking… Continue Reading Shared [...]