Another Martial Arts group finished up on Tuesday, earning their orange belts from instructor Rachel. At the start of the ceremony, Rachel commented that each time she comes she is more aware of the spirit of independence and confidence that students and staff at the Center embody. From left to right are Travis, Ceci, Mike, Serena, David, Showe, Chaz and Rachael. Graham graduated from the Center in late April, but was part of this class. He received his orange belt before he left Colorado.
Congrats to Another Martial Arts Class!
- Join us with @NFBCO & @ComcastCo... — Dear Friends – We want to bring your attention to an exciting event taking place here at the Colorado Center for the Blind on Sunday, June 24. At least, it will start and finish at the Center, because it is the national Federation of the Blind of Colorado’s first 6 Dot Dash 5K, and we… Continue Reading Join [...]
- The First Week of Summer Means Lots o... — No matter what the calendar says, it’s the first week of summer. The temps are in the 90s, the garden is being planted and summer staff are shadowing their ITP staff counterparts. Friday 25 teenagers (summer students) begin arriving and on Monday the elementary Confidence Camp kids start too. So here’s another first or two.… Continue Reading The [...]
- Another Sign of Spring: Master Garden... — It’s yet another sign of spring when the Arapahoe County Master Gardeners first arrive to work with our students in the Legacy Garden. Of course, everything starts with getting the soil ready for planting and, after our spring rains, that means pulling out the eager weeds already leaping up. Tyler, Annette, Abdi, Tucker and Brad… Continue Reading Another [...]
- Shout out to @DirtCoffee #ShareLittle... — Here are a couple of pics taken this morning at the Dirt Coffee Bar in downtown Littleton. Dirt is a nonprofit operation dedicated to employment for people with Autism and we knew we had a lot of values in common when they called us to ask about Braille menus and board games for the shop… Continue Reading Shout [...]
- Celebrate Spring with FAST Friday Fun... — The entire family is welcome to come and enjoy FAST Friday Fun and Games on May 11 at 5:30 with staff and students at the Colorado Center for the Blind. This will be an active FAST Friday. We will be getting out and enjoying the beautiful spring weather, playing some kickball, string ball, learning to… Continue Reading Celebrate [...]