Classes started today for 2017, and on top of that it’s Tuesday – meaning that Seniors came in to the Center as well! After two weeks off folks were pretty happy to be back in spite of a bit of cold weather! Here is a collection of sights and sounds from the day, and here’s to taking charge with confidence in 2017!
First Day Back: 2017 Is Underway!
- It’s not 30 years of the Ice Cr... — Yesterday we gathered 106 people into the meeting room for an ice cream social. It’s an event we hold every June because of course it’s summer and it’s hot and so ice cream tastes great!. But we also do it to mark how exciting June can be with our usual Independence Training Students and staff… Continue Reading It’s [...]
- Blind people need to know about color... — That was one of the first lessons of the first day of summer for Confidence Camp kids this morning. “If someone asks you what your backpack looks like, what are you going to tell them?” the lesson continued. Yes, Monday began with learning for the 10 5 to 12-year-olds. It went on from there, including… Continue Reading Blind [...]
- Join us with @NFBCO & @ComcastCo... — Dear Friends – We want to bring your attention to an exciting event taking place here at the Colorado Center for the Blind on Sunday, June 24. At least, it will start and finish at the Center, because it is the national Federation of the Blind of Colorado’s first 6 Dot Dash 5K, and we… Continue Reading Join [...]
- The First Week of Summer Means Lots o... — No matter what the calendar says, it’s the first week of summer. The temps are in the 90s, the garden is being planted and summer staff are shadowing their ITP staff counterparts. Friday 25 teenagers (summer students) begin arriving and on Monday the elementary Confidence Camp kids start too. So here’s another first or two.… Continue Reading The [...]
- Help Us Celebrate Thirty Years of the... — Did you attend the Colorado Center for the Blind, as an adult or in a summer youth program, or were a staff member at one time? We invite former students and staff, as well as prospective students to join us in celebration of 30 years of providing the training and tools that blind people need… Continue Reading Help [...]