Classes started today for 2017, and on top of that it’s Tuesday – meaning that Seniors came in to the Center as well! After two weeks off folks were pretty happy to be back in spite of a bit of cold weather! Here is a collection of sights and sounds from the day, and here’s to taking charge with confidence in 2017!
First Day Back: 2017 Is Underway!
- What is the Colorado Center for the B... — We put this video together especially to link from our Colorado Gives Day page this year for those who might not have heard of us or know exactly what we’re about. Colorado Gives Day is December 5, and donations received that day online receive a share of an incentive fund, as well as being subject… Continue Reading What [...]
- Plenty to be thankful for: Our 2017 #... — There was plenty on Thursday, November 16 – plenty to eat and to be thankful for at our 100-percent student-prepared Thanksgiving Feast! It’s tradition at the Colorado Center for the Blind to hold our own Thanksgiving feast before we break for visits to family and friends on the official holiday. Our students cook it all… Continue Reading Plenty [...]
- Watch CCB Indoor Skydiving @iFLYDenve... — I-Fly Denver invited us over on Monday to take flight and learn about the science around wind tunnels and things like force and resistance. There was math involved, just saying. then we got to experience push and pull full-body, so to speak. Here’s a story from CBS Denver Channel 4 last night: Skydiving Business Helps… Continue Reading Watch [...]
- A Peek at Hands-on with the “Sh... — Here are a few photos from the Shared Visions reception at the Colorado Gallery of the Arts at Arapahoe Community College on Thursday night. Everyone got hands on with pieces from Nathan Abels’ painting and drawing classes. CCB students also had laser-cuts of drawings they made in Ann Cunningham’s art class with accompanying Haiku, and… Continue Reading A [...]
- A group of CCB Seniors out on a walk ... — The Friday Seniors took a walk around Sterne Park’s pond to do a little birding by ear with Ali Mayes from Bird Conversancy of the Rockies. It was a good day for for various ducks and the ever-present Canada [...]