Yes, it’s time to start getting the garden ready for the 2017 growing season! Tuesday morning some of our Colorado Master Gardeners from the Arapahoe County’Extension Office came by to start getting our Legacy Garden area ready for planting next month, clearing out and cutting down all manner of last year’s growth. Zach, our student from Montana, couldn’t pass up the chance to be outside on such a lovely morning. In the photos below, he takes the stalks of Russion Sage to task, making way for new growth this year. The Russion Sage has a great scent throughout the summer, and is just one plant of many that offer odors, from savory to sweet in our Legacy Garden. And we can’t forget about the great veggies and herbs that we’ll be planting soon!
Getting the Garden Ready for 2017
- Planting a Memorial Rose — Delma Taylor and her husband Ed have been attending our Senior Program for longer than anyone. Delma was the one who’d lost her sight, and Ed came for support and to give it as well. A few years ago Ed’s sight failed too, and they kept coming. Ed passed away in April and, the day… Continue Reading Planting [...]
- Zukes, Cukes, Pumpkins & Peas: 1... — It’s still too chilly for tender basil and eggplant and jalepeños, not to mention tomatoes and tomatillosand thyme, but it was a great morning to plant seeds in our Legacy Garden with Arapahoe County’s Master Gardeners! So that’s what happened – Jen and Carina’s 1st hour Braille classes went out first, followed by Tech classes… Continue Reading Zukes, [...]
- Ring That Bell at the Top of the Clim... — Spring rock climbing with NSCD is underway, and Group 2 made their way on Tuesday to Denver PAL’s indoor climbing wall for their introductory climb, and lessons in harnessing up, tying knots and belaying. NSCD fittingly hung a bell at the top of each route so climbers can ring it loud and proud when they… Continue Reading Ring [...]
- CCB Legacy Garden: Kimberley & t... — Last year’s gardening season, with the Arapahoe County Master Gardeners from first to last spade, and Kimberley giving us historic [...]
- Congrats to Another Martial Arts Clas... — Another Martial Arts group finished up on Tuesday, earning their orange belts [...]