Planning, preparing and serving a three-recipe meal to 15 people is no small matter. Jackson admits at one point he was getting nervous, but he tried to treat the process as a “regular day in class”. He definitely had it going on with his mini-meal!
It’s Going on! Jackson’s Mini-meal for Fifteen
- Steve Announces 2 for 1 on Drops: Jul... — Who can resist a 2-for-1 deal? Steve called it out at morning announcements – Ashley for her support drop (meaning she spent the morning with Steve), and Julie M. on her solo drop! What a great deal – and they both made it back successfully, and with more confidence in their independent travel skills! Limit… Continue Reading Steve [...]
- Students Fan Out over Metro Denver on... — While Center staff hold an educational and planning day, students are excused from classes, though not from learning. No, it’s the annual scavenger hunt that CCB alums will recall. Students are divided up into groups and given a list of 30 items they must find or produce today, and bring to the Center tomorrow. Items… Continue Reading Students [...]
- Ring That Bell at the Top of the Clim... — Spring rock climbing with NSCD is underway, and Group 2 made their way on Tuesday to Denver PAL’s indoor climbing wall for their introductory climb, and lessons in harnessing up, tying knots and belaying. NSCD fittingly hung a bell at the top of each route so climbers can ring it loud and proud when they… Continue Reading Ring [...]
- “I cant’ believe I did it... — [...]
- It’s Not Just a Button – ... — Ashley took the practical desire to know how to sew on a button several steps further after signing up for the after-school sewing class, and turned her new sewing skills into tactile [...]