The Friday Seniors took a walk around Sterne Park’s pond to do a little birding by ear with Ali Mayes from Bird Conversancy of the Rockies. It was a good day for for various ducks and the ever-present Canada Geese!
A group of CCB Seniors out on a walk bird watching
- Blowing off Steam After Competing in ... — After spending much of the day in their chairs, giving their best in various Braille skills as part of the 2018 Braille Challenge, participants in the Metro area competition found goal ball the perfect way to unwind. It’s the third year we’ve hosted the event for Metro-area kids, which is organized in Colorado by the… Continue Reading Blowing [...]
- Recent Newspaper Articles Highlight C... — We wanted to bring your attention to a couple of newspaper articles that appeared in November and brought attention to the Center. Both reflect great partnerships that help us ensure that our students can, as our tag line says, learn to “Take Charge with Confidence and Self-reliance!” The first, from November 5, appeared in the… Continue Reading Recent [...]
- Sixty Attend Senior Holiday Party 201... — Last Friday’s Senior Holiday Party brought together members of all three of our weekly Seniors groups that meet at the Center – Tuesday, Thursday and Friday – along with sighted and unsighted spouses (insider’s joke), and both old and new friends. There were adult children and grandchildren There. was plenty of food, lots of laughs… Continue Reading Sixty [...]
- Tuesday’s Seniors Prepare for S... — Friday, December 15 is the annual senior Holiday Party at the Colorado Center for the Blind, and the Tuesday group got into the kitchen this week to bake cookies for the event. Among the cookie corps was CCB founder and Chair of our Board of Directors, Diane McGeorge. Also our Volunteer Extraordinaire, Diane is often… Continue Reading Tuesday’s [...]
- Eagle Scout Project Enhances Art Room — With many students and the results of their projects, supplies ranging from clay to wax to stone and of course the tools to work with each, an art room can quickly succumb to forces best summed up in the statement: “All things tend toward disorder.” This may be a paraphrase and we certainly don’t recall… Continue Reading Eagle [...]