Hindley loves to cook and entertain, something she learned from positive role models. She gives her thoughts on the negative impact of the #HowEyeSeeIt challenge.
Hindley Can Take the Heat #HowEyeSeeIt
- Holiday Treats for City of Littleton — The holidays are here! Today Students and staff set out to deliver treats to our friends across the City of Littleton. Of course, the cookies andpeppermint bark were all made by our very own students. Blind people give back, too! The first deliveries were to the City of Littleton’s City Manager’s office, Public Works and… Continue Reading Holiday [...]
- A Last Look at CCB Thanksgiving 2017 — Starting with a little turkey structured discovery right up to the point where we start stuffing our faces, when the videographer puts away his camera to get in line. Even journalism has its natural [...]
- Ring that Freedom Bell on #COGives Da... — Each student who meets all the requirements for graduation from the Colorado Center for the Blind earns a Freedom Bell. Ringing that bell symbolizes that they are free to pursue the lives they want, free from dependence and lack of blindness skills, ready to challenge society’s low expectations with “Confidence and Self-reliance”. It’s a very… Continue Reading Ring [...]
- Check out the BBC video on Poonam — Our alum Poonam Vaidya of Bangalore was recently part of a BBC World Service radio episode of “The Conversation.” She spoke about blindness with another guest, a blind attorney from Addis Abbaba, Ethiopia. Shortly afterward, the BBC posted this short video of Poonam. Check it out: I'm blind and I'm not begging Poonam Vaidya is… Continue Reading Check [...]
- Please Give to CCB on Colorado Gives ... — Thanks to the generous support of so many, Colorado Gives Day (CGD) is truly an important part of our annual fundraising. Your contributions support our youth and senior programs as well as challenge recreation and art activities. We thank you for your past support and hope you will continue to support us with your donations… Continue Reading Please [...]