This year our CCB Choir formed itself in about a week under the direction of student Julie McGinnity, then went caroling at the Littleton Light Rail Station, outside Romancing the Bean Coffee shop. The next day they gave a performance at the Seniors’ Holiday Party. Mostly students, but with a couple of staff voices as well, they did a lovely job, On their behalf, and indeed from all the students and staff at CCB – here’s a holiday gift!
A Holiday Gift from the 2016 CCB Choir
- Seniors Attend Audio-described Produc... — Here’s a pic of some of our seniors at Chili’s last Saturday, after attending the audio-described performance of “Mama Mia” at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts. The Seniors used it as a fund-raiser, raising over $200. They keep a small donation fund going to help out with the expenses of various Senior activities… Continue Reading Seniors [...]
- Beeping Easter Eggs with @TelecomPion... — Editor’s Note: An update from our Youth Services Director Brent Batron about what’s coming tomorrow and through the summer for blind youth. Usually the second Saturday of each month is the FAST program at the Center, however this month we will be participate in the Pioneers Easter Egg Hunt! Information is below. Other upcoming events… Continue Reading Beeping [...]
- Cookies, Candies, Balloons and Bouque... — The day didn’t go uncelebrated. The Seniors had a Valentine’s party (there are rumors of romance there). Even ITP got into the act with Valentine’s cookies to mark “National Singles [...]
- Summer Students Spoof Their Summer Co... — Unheard of, we know. But our 2016 summer students gained so much confidence they decided to spoof their summer counselors and Brent in an imagined staff meeting. Shockingly accurate [...]
- First Day Back: 2017 Is Underway! — Classes started today for 2017, and on top of that it’s Tuesday – meaning that Seniors came in to the Center as well! After two weeks off folks were pretty happy to be back in spite of a bit of cold weather! Here is a collection of sights and sounds from the day, and here’s… Continue Reading First [...]