Starting with a little turkey structured discovery right up to the point where we start stuffing our faces, when the videographer puts away his camera to get in line. Even journalism has its natural limits.
A Last Look at CCB Thanksgiving 2017
- Before Departing, One Last Meal &... — Here we are with a white Christmas in Colorado when it was looking pretty dusty and dry. Naturally, the Center closed for the holidays, but we finished up in the spirit last Tuesday. Our traditions involve a breakfast together, provided by the GraceFull Cafe in downtown Littleton consisting of very large and very delicious breakfast… Continue Reading Before [...]
- Sixty Attend Senior Holiday Party 201... — Last Friday’s Senior Holiday Party brought together members of all three of our weekly Seniors groups that meet at the Center – Tuesday, Thursday and Friday – along with sighted and unsighted spouses (insider’s joke), and both old and new friends. There were adult children and grandchildren There. was plenty of food, lots of laughs… Continue Reading Sixty [...]
- Tuesday’s Seniors Prepare for S... — Friday, December 15 is the annual senior Holiday Party at the Colorado Center for the Blind, and the Tuesday group got into the kitchen this week to bake cookies for the event. Among the cookie corps was CCB founder and Chair of our Board of Directors, Diane McGeorge. Also our Volunteer Extraordinaire, Diane is often… Continue Reading Tuesday’s [...]
- One Whole Day for Holiday Art & ... — Tuesday is art day anyway, but this week it was art day all day long. Every student and staff member worked in the art room with Ann Cunningham and Jenny Callahan making ornaments, holiday cards or what ever else suited their fancy. Without a doubt , everyone enjoyed the break from regular classes and the… Continue Reading One [...]
- Holiday Treats for City of Littleton — The holidays are here! Today Students and staff set out to deliver treats to our friends across the City of Littleton. Of course, the cookies andpeppermint bark were all made by our very own students. Blind people give back, too! The first deliveries were to the City of Littleton’s City Manager’s office, Public Works and… Continue Reading Holiday [...]