Moms, along with Dads, grandparents, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, cousins, friends and of course spouses and children, regularly attend the graduation ceremonies of our students. The clips that make up this video are from three 2017 graduations – those for Jackson, Trevor and Brittany, during which their respective moms ( and one grandma), shared their feelings and hopes for their now-grown children. There’s nothing we can really add and, since it’s Mother’s Day, we’ll let the Moms hold center stage as they should. Here’s our love and thanks to all those Moms who believe in the independence of their blind children. We especially want to thank Melissa, Paige and Julia for allowing us to share these personal moments. Happy Mother’s Day!
Our #Mother’sDay Tribute: The Moms of 3 Recent Grads Speak of Independence
- Youth Programs Receive Anonymous $10,... — Recently, we were elated to get notification that we had received an anonymous donation of $10,000 designated for our Youth Programs through our Colorado Gives portal. We often receive donations in this way and welcome every one of them. But such generous donations as this one are, not surprisingly, a little out of the norm.… Continue Reading Youth [...]
- How many ways can the blind enjoy #Ec... — Quite a few, it turns out. Staff and students held an Eclipse Party to celebrate and enjoy the 92 percent coverage of the sun today. Students in Home Management prepared a black bean salsa and cookies to start things off about 10:30 this morning as we took time to learn a little more about the… Continue Reading How [...]
- Celebrating Our Senior Programs in Ne... — We’re proud of our senior programs and how they have changed the lives of seniors who have lost vision and the people who love them. We’re excited about how those programs continue to grow – from the residential Seniors in Charge (twice a year), to four support groups (one in Spanish), to ever-expanding opportunities to… Continue Reading Celebrating [...]
- NF Challenge Olympic Day 2017 — There wasn’t time to sit still till lunch was served, but none were inclined to do so at Saturday’s #NFChallenge Olympic Day 2017. There were just too many things to try out – beep baseball demonstration with the Colorado Storm, judo and power-lifting, goal ball and tandem bicycling with Eye-Cycle! Everybody got to take a… Continue Reading NF [...]
- Fitness & Sports Tomorrow for #N... — It’s happening here tomorrow starting at 10 a.m. Thanks to our partners at WE Fit Wellness and United States Association of Blind Athletes (USABA). Contributing will be Eye-Cycle, Achilles Denver and members of the Colorad Storm Beep Baseball team. And at lunch there wil be a keynote address from current CCB studentChaz Davis, a member… Continue Reading Fitness [...]