Moms, along with Dads, grandparents, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, cousins, friends and of course spouses and children, regularly attend the graduation ceremonies of our students. The clips that make up this video are from three 2017 graduations – those for Jackson, Trevor and Brittany, during which their respective moms ( and one grandma), shared their feelings and hopes for their now-grown children. There’s nothing we can really add and, since it’s Mother’s Day, we’ll let the Moms hold center stage as they should. Here’s our love and thanks to all those Moms who believe in the independence of their blind children. We especially want to thank Melissa, Paige and Julia for allowing us to share these personal moments. Happy Mother’s Day!
Our #Mother’sDay Tribute: The Moms of 3 Recent Grads Speak of Independence
- Ring That Bell at the Top of the Clim... — Spring rock climbing with NSCD is underway, and Group 2 made their way on Tuesday to Denver PAL’s indoor climbing wall for their introductory climb, and lessons in harnessing up, tying knots and belaying. NSCD fittingly hung a bell at the top of each route so climbers can ring it loud and proud when they… Continue Reading Ring [...]
- “I cant’ believe I did it... — [...]
- It’s Not Just a Button – ... — Ashley took the practical desire to know how to sew on a button several steps further after signing up for the after-school sewing class, and turned her new sewing skills into tactile [...]
- CCB Legacy Garden: Kimberley & t... — Last year’s gardening season, with the Arapahoe County Master Gardeners from first to last spade, and Kimberley giving us historic [...]
- A Farewell Wave to Our Alabama Friend — We want to give a farewell wave to Jessica Edmiston, who spent Monday through Thursday here at the Center, not just observing, but working under sleep shades all week, going to classes with student mentors and working on the basics of Braille, Assistive Technology, cooking and travel. And as it happened, she was here to… Continue Reading A [...]