Shrimp and French bread … Britanny is cool and in charge of her mini-meal for 15!
It’s all ready: Brittany’s Mini-meal
- Last week was a big one for drops — Last week was busy with drops and support drops. The “Drop”, or independent drop is one of the two final requirements of our cane travel instruction. Ryan and Trevor both completed theirs last week, having been dropped somewhere in the Denver Metro area and permitted one question on their trip back to the Center. The… Continue Reading Last [...]
- CCB Says “Farewell and Thanks!&... — Over the past six months or so, news that Walmart was closing a number of its Neighborhood Markets in the Denver Metro area resulted in a sigh of relief for us at the Colorado Center for the Blind. Each time, the store near our student apartments at S. Lowell Blvd and W. Bowles Ave. wasn’t… Continue Reading CCB [...]
- Shout out to @RiceCCL Volunteers! — Here’s a shout out to this year’s crew from Rice University in Houston who came to work as volunteers on March 16 and 17. They spend an “Alternative Spring Break” volunteering, first at Winter Park with the NSCD adaptive ski program, and then in Littleton. No, no skiing. At the Center they helped move and… Continue Reading Shout [...]
- Bullseye with Blind Archery: #Livethe... — Zen and the Art of Archery was a popular book in the 1970s among a certain crowd in which martial arts practitioners became adept at hitting the bullseye while blindfolded. What does that mean? Who really knows, other than it was the era of the “Kung Fu” TV series. Nonetheless, our partners at NSCD arranged… Continue Reading Bullseye [...]
- Making the most of the first day of S... — The first day of Spring and temps in the 70s, and what would you do? Our Home Management planned wisely to make the most of the beautiful weather today, and all classes worked outside on the grills. Now that’s a life [...]