Believe it or not, the forecasts were correct, snow came in Friday night and is still falling Saturday morning of the last weekend in April. So here’s a warm thought. Serena made applesauce from scratch on Thursday in Home Management – peeling, coring, chopping, cooking and putting the mixture through the food processor. She’s got her hands wrapped around the still-warm quart jar of the golden stuff in the photo above, and she’s probably enjoying some of it this morning!
Serena’s homemade applesauce for a snowy spring Saturday
- A Last Look at CCB Thanksgiving 2017 — Starting with a little turkey structured discovery right up to the point where we start stuffing our faces, when the videographer puts away his camera to get in line. Even journalism has its natural [...]
- Ring that Freedom Bell on #COGives Da... — Each student who meets all the requirements for graduation from the Colorado Center for the Blind earns a Freedom Bell. Ringing that bell symbolizes that they are free to pursue the lives they want, free from dependence and lack of blindness skills, ready to challenge society’s low expectations with “Confidence and Self-reliance”. It’s a very… Continue Reading Ring [...]
- Please Give to CCB on Colorado Gives ... — Thanks to the generous support of so many, Colorado Gives Day (CGD) is truly an important part of our annual fundraising. Your contributions support our youth and senior programs as well as challenge recreation and art activities. We thank you for your past support and hope you will continue to support us with your donations… Continue Reading Please [...]
- J.D. Named Editor of the “Color... — Last Monday our student J.D. couldn’t wait to report his big news. “Good news isn’t as good if you can’t tell someone,” he said at morning announcements. He went on to tell us that he had been named Editor of the Colorado Fire Fighter, the newsletter of the Colorado State Fire Fighters Association (CSFFA). His… Continue Reading J.D. [...]
- What is the Colorado Center for the B... — We put this video together especially to link from our Colorado Gives Day page this year for those who might not have heard of us or know exactly what we’re about. Colorado Gives Day is December 5, and donations received that day online receive a share of an incentive fund, as well as being subject… Continue Reading What [...]