Believe it or not, the forecasts were correct, snow came in Friday night and is still falling Saturday morning of the last weekend in April. So here’s a warm thought. Serena made applesauce from scratch on Thursday in Home Management – peeling, coring, chopping, cooking and putting the mixture through the food processor. She’s got her hands wrapped around the still-warm quart jar of the golden stuff in the photo above, and she’s probably enjoying some of it this morning!
Serena’s homemade applesauce for a snowy spring Saturday
- It’s not 30 years of the Ice Cr... — Yesterday we gathered 106 people into the meeting room for an ice cream social. It’s an event we hold every June because of course it’s summer and it’s hot and so ice cream tastes great!. But we also do it to mark how exciting June can be with our usual Independence Training Students and staff… Continue Reading It’s [...]
- Join us with @NFBCO & @ComcastCo... — Dear Friends – We want to bring your attention to an exciting event taking place here at the Colorado Center for the Blind on Sunday, June 24. At least, it will start and finish at the Center, because it is the national Federation of the Blind of Colorado’s first 6 Dot Dash 5K, and we… Continue Reading Join [...]
- Help Us Celebrate Thirty Years of the... — Did you attend the Colorado Center for the Blind, as an adult or in a summer youth program, or were a staff member at one time? We invite former students and staff, as well as prospective students to join us in celebration of 30 years of providing the training and tools that blind people need… Continue Reading Help [...]
- Hard Work & Passion for What You... — More than 130 were in attendance on April 17 for our second annual “Making Connections That Work for You: A Career and College Seminar”. From the beginning in the morning with two phenomenal keynote speakers untl the last breakout ended at 3 p.m., it was a day to learn about the world of work and… Continue Reading Hard [...]
- Belding Travels with Hockey Stick All... — Since January, fans attending Colorado Avalanche games have been treated to between-periods video of the Try Blind Hockey Day on January 17. Over 50 blind Coloradans went out on the ice that day, some for the first time, others with a stick in their hand for the first time. Fans are impressed by the… Continue Reading Belding [...]