Believe it or not, the forecasts were correct, snow came in Friday night and is still falling Saturday morning of the last weekend in April. So here’s a warm thought. Serena made applesauce from scratch on Thursday in Home Management – peeling, coring, chopping, cooking and putting the mixture through the food processor. She’s got her hands wrapped around the still-warm quart jar of the golden stuff in the photo above, and she’s probably enjoying some of it this morning!
Serena’s homemade applesauce for a snowy spring Saturday
- Colorful CCB Alum Doing Color Comment... — Matt Wallace graduated from CCB in October of 2016. None of his contemporary students would be at all surprised to hear that Matt is doing color commentary for the Penn Women’s Ice Hockey team broadcasts. Matt loves sports. Matt knows sports. Matt talks sports. And talks and talks sports. Hey, savvy broadcast execs, recognize value… Continue Reading Colorful [...]
- What You Carry in Your Soul & a ... — It has been nearly 18 years since Catherine Kudlick first arrived in Littleton as a student at CCB, but the lessons of her training have endured, as she told staff and students in Philosophy Class last Thursday. Cathy’s blindness is due to Nystagmus and she had never used a cane before she came for training.… Continue Reading What [...]
- No Snow Day in 1988: Marking CCB̵... — It’s a big day today. Sure, there’s World Braille Day and Louis Braille’s 209th birthday, and our Independence Training Program students are back from the holiday break and our first Seniors meeting is this afternoon. We’re excited about all that, but here at CCB we’re very excited about something else, too. Today marks 30 years… Continue Reading No [...]
- Your White Cane Can Take You Very Far... — Editor’s Note: Libby graduated from the Center this fall. She recently sent us this photo following a tour to this beautiful spot in her home state, a Navajo Tribal Park. It’s a great testament to how far a blind person can go with a white cane. Sounds like a great trip Libby! . I got… Continue Reading Your [...]
- A Last Look at CCB Thanksgiving 2017 — Starting with a little turkey structured discovery right up to the point where we start stuffing our faces, when the videographer puts away his camera to get in line. Even journalism has its natural [...]