As Trevor explains, he’s been “cubing” for years, figuring out better and faster ways to solve the Rubik’s Cube. Working out how to make the Cube tactile and using all that he’s already learned to solve it nonvisually is just a part of solving the blindness puzzle for Trevor – of taking charge and living the life he wants!
Solving the Blindness Puzzle: Trevor’s Tactile Rubik’s Cube #LivetheLifeYouWant
- Celebrating Our Senior Programs in Ne... — We’re proud of our senior programs and how they have changed the lives of seniors who have lost vision and the people who love them. We’re excited about how those programs continue to grow – from the residential Seniors in Charge (twice a year), to four support groups (one in Spanish), to ever-expanding opportunities to… Continue Reading Celebrating [...]
- NF Challenge Olympic Day 2017 — There wasn’t time to sit still till lunch was served, but none were inclined to do so at Saturday’s #NFChallenge Olympic Day 2017. There were just too many things to try out – beep baseball demonstration with the Colorado Storm, judo and power-lifting, goal ball and tandem bicycling with Eye-Cycle! Everybody got to take a… Continue Reading NF [...]
- Fitness & Sports Tomorrow for #N... — It’s happening here tomorrow starting at 10 a.m. Thanks to our partners at WE Fit Wellness and United States Association of Blind Athletes (USABA). Contributing will be Eye-Cycle, Achilles Denver and members of the Colorad Storm Beep Baseball team. And at lunch there wil be a keynote address from current CCB studentChaz Davis, a member… Continue Reading Fitness [...]
- May 2017 CCB Students of the Month — Dugan (left) and Ceci (right) were chosen by CCB staff to be May’s Students of the Month. Each received a $5 gift card to Romancing the Bean, the nearby coffee shop at the Littleton Downtown Station. Dugan is from St. Louis, and was recognized for the hard work and determination he has shown in his… Continue Reading May [...]
- Read a CCB Alum’s Contribution ... — We want to call your attention to this excellent article by Catherine Kudlick, a 2000 CCB grad, The Price of Disability Denial It was published in the New york Times on May 24 as part of its Disability series. The Times says: “Disability is a weekly series of essays, art and opinion by and about… Continue Reading Read [...]