Littleton’s Western Welcome Week starts … Well, tomorrow! Next week we will give tours and promised that we’ll do Goal Ball demonstrations in the gym, and even let guests take their turn if they like. So, Martin, Warren and Jimmy went down to the gym this week to demonstrate some basics for those who’ve never herd of Goal Ball. Maybe you’ll want to take your shots next week, or even watch the Goal Ball action during the 2016 Paralympics!
What’s Goal Ball? Martin, Warren & Jimmy Preview Demos for @WesternWelcomeWeek!
- A Last Look at CCB Thanksgiving 2017 — Starting with a little turkey structured discovery right up to the point where we start stuffing our faces, when the videographer puts away his camera to get in line. Even journalism has its natural [...]
- Plenty to be thankful for: Our 2017 #... — There was plenty on Thursday, November 16 – plenty to eat and to be thankful for at our 100-percent student-prepared Thanksgiving Feast! It’s tradition at the Colorado Center for the Blind to hold our own Thanksgiving feast before we break for visits to family and friends on the official holiday. Our students cook it all… Continue Reading Plenty [...]
- A Peek at Hands-on with the “Sh... — Here are a few photos from the Shared Visions reception at the Colorado Gallery of the Arts at Arapahoe Community College on Thursday night. Everyone got hands on with pieces from Nathan Abels’ painting and drawing classes. CCB students also had laser-cuts of drawings they made in Ann Cunningham’s art class with accompanying Haiku, and… Continue Reading A [...]
- Snow Already! — If you’re on the Front Range of Colorado this post won’t surprise you, because you drove/walked/bussed in a steadily-falling snow this morning. But let’s admit it – this 3 to 5 inches of snow is a bit early this year, just think of all those trees whose leaves have yet to drop! Tonight will be… Continue Reading Snow [...]
- Summer Was Fun, and Especially Our Sa... — Here are a few pics from our Science Saturday way back in July! Studens rotated between three stations – basic chemistry, a station dedicated to weather, and a robotics class using Lego Mindstorms. With the first serious fall weather this week – misty rain, leaves turning and starting to litter the lawns and sidewalks –… Continue Reading Summer [...]