Littleton’s Western Welcome Week starts … Well, tomorrow! Next week we will give tours and promised that we’ll do Goal Ball demonstrations in the gym, and even let guests take their turn if they like. So, Martin, Warren and Jimmy went down to the gym this week to demonstrate some basics for those who’ve never herd of Goal Ball. Maybe you’ll want to take your shots next week, or even watch the Goal Ball action during the 2016 Paralympics!
What’s Goal Ball? Martin, Warren & Jimmy Preview Demos for @WesternWelcomeWeek!
- Blind people need to know about color... — That was one of the first lessons of the first day of summer for Confidence Camp kids this morning. “If someone asks you what your backpack looks like, what are you going to tell them?” the lesson continued. Yes, Monday began with learning for the 10 5 to 12-year-olds. It went on from there, including… Continue Reading Blind [...]
- Join us with @NFBCO & @ComcastCo... — Dear Friends – We want to bring your attention to an exciting event taking place here at the Colorado Center for the Blind on Sunday, June 24. At least, it will start and finish at the Center, because it is the national Federation of the Blind of Colorado’s first 6 Dot Dash 5K, and we… Continue Reading Join [...]
- Celebrate Spring with FAST Friday Fun... — The entire family is welcome to come and enjoy FAST Friday Fun and Games on May 11 at 5:30 with staff and students at the Colorado Center for the Blind. This will be an active FAST Friday. We will be getting out and enjoying the beautiful spring weather, playing some kickball, string ball, learning to… Continue Reading Celebrate [...]
- Belding Travels with Hockey Stick All... — Since January, fans attending Colorado Avalanche games have been treated to between-periods video of the Try Blind Hockey Day on January 17. Over 50 blind Coloradans went out on the ice that day, some for the first time, others with a stick in their hand for the first time. Fans are impressed by the… Continue Reading Belding [...]
- Taking It to the Net: CCB There at St... — Back in January the Colorado Avalanche hosted a “Try Hockey” event for prospective blind hockey players. It featured several blind hockey players from across Canada and the United States and was coordinated by USA Hockeyand the Colorado Amateur Hockey Association. Forty-two blind participants, including youth and some,like me, who were much older, took to the… Continue Reading Taking [...]