Here’s a photo from the April 20 grants awards ceremony at ENT Credit Union in Colorado Springs. The grant is for $5,000 in recognition of our wirk with blind and visually impaired youth in the Pikes Peak area. In particular, our mentoring program at the Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind was highlighted. The grant is part of Ent’s Youth Endowment Series, or YES! Such an honor to receive this grant award! Many thanks!
CCB Receives YES Grant from@ Ent_CU for Work with Youth
- Recent Newspaper Articles Highlight C... — We wanted to bring your attention to a couple of newspaper articles that appeared in November and brought attention to the Center. Both reflect great partnerships that help us ensure that our students can, as our tag line says, learn to “Take Charge with Confidence and Self-reliance!” The first, from November 5, appeared in the… Continue Reading Recent [...]
- Eagle Scout Project Enhances Art Room — With many students and the results of their projects, supplies ranging from clay to wax to stone and of course the tools to work with each, an art room can quickly succumb to forces best summed up in the statement: “All things tend toward disorder.” This may be a paraphrase and we certainly don’t recall… Continue Reading Eagle [...]
- What is the Colorado Center for the B... — We put this video together especially to link from our Colorado Gives Day page this year for those who might not have heard of us or know exactly what we’re about. Colorado Gives Day is December 5, and donations received that day online receive a share of an incentive fund, as well as being subject… Continue Reading What [...]
- Watch CCB Indoor Skydiving @iFLYDenve... — I-Fly Denver invited us over on Monday to take flight and learn about the science around wind tunnels and things like force and resistance. There was math involved, just saying. then we got to experience push and pull full-body, so to speak. Here’s a story from CBS Denver Channel 4 last night: Skydiving Business Helps… Continue Reading Watch [...]
- A Peek at Hands-on with the “Sh... — Here are a few photos from the Shared Visions reception at the Colorado Gallery of the Arts at Arapahoe Community College on Thursday night. Everyone got hands on with pieces from Nathan Abels’ painting and drawing classes. CCB students also had laser-cuts of drawings they made in Ann Cunningham’s art class with accompanying Haiku, and… Continue Reading A [...]