Here’s a photo from the April 20 grants awards ceremony at ENT Credit Union in Colorado Springs. The grant is for $5,000 in recognition of our wirk with blind and visually impaired youth in the Pikes Peak area. In particular, our mentoring program at the Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind was highlighted. The grant is part of Ent’s Youth Endowment Series, or YES! Such an honor to receive this grant award! Many thanks!
CCB Receives YES Grant from@ Ent_CU for Work with Youth
- Youth Programs Receive Anonymous $10,... — Recently, we were elated to get notification that we had received an anonymous donation of $10,000 designated for our Youth Programs through our Colorado Gives portal. We often receive donations in this way and welcome every one of them. But such generous donations as this one are, not surprisingly, a little out of the norm.… Continue Reading Youth [...]
- Weather, Robots and Chemistry: Summer... — Blind people can and are scientists, even though too often blind youth are discouraged or set off to the side in science classes. With that in mind, each year we conduct a Saturday Science Seminar in conjunction with our summer programs. It’s not exclusive, however, as blind youth are invited whether or not they’re in… Continue Reading Weather, [...]
- Summer Youth Explore the Garden — Today we start up again after our annual trip to the National Fedeeration of the Blind Convention in Orlando, but the CCB summer students got back in the swing of things yesterday. Since it was our appointed gardening day with the Master Gardeners, summer students and staff got the privilege of bringing in the first… Continue Reading Summer [...]
- NF Challenge Olympic Day 2017 — There wasn’t time to sit still till lunch was served, but none were inclined to do so at Saturday’s #NFChallenge Olympic Day 2017. There were just too many things to try out – beep baseball demonstration with the Colorado Storm, judo and power-lifting, goal ball and tandem bicycling with Eye-Cycle! Everybody got to take a… Continue Reading NF [...]
- Fitness & Sports Tomorrow for #N... — It’s happening here tomorrow starting at 10 a.m. Thanks to our partners at WE Fit Wellness and United States Association of Blind Athletes (USABA). Contributing will be Eye-Cycle, Achilles Denver and members of the Colorad Storm Beep Baseball team. And at lunch there wil be a keynote address from current CCB studentChaz Davis, a member… Continue Reading Fitness [...]