Here’s a photo from the April 20 grants awards ceremony at ENT Credit Union in Colorado Springs. The grant is for $5,000 in recognition of our wirk with blind and visually impaired youth in the Pikes Peak area. In particular, our mentoring program at the Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind was highlighted. The grant is part of Ent’s Youth Endowment Series, or YES! Such an honor to receive this grant award! Many thanks!
CCB Receives YES Grant from@ Ent_CU for Work with Youth
- Ring That Bell at the Top of the Clim... — Spring rock climbing with NSCD is underway, and Group 2 made their way on Tuesday to Denver PAL’s indoor climbing wall for their introductory climb, and lessons in harnessing up, tying knots and belaying. NSCD fittingly hung a bell at the top of each route so climbers can ring it loud and proud when they… Continue Reading Ring [...]
- Congrats to Another Martial Arts Clas... — Another Martial Arts group finished up on Tuesday, earning their orange belts [...]
- Getting the Garden Ready for 2017 — Yes, it’s time to start getting the garden ready for the 2017 growing season! Tuesday morning some of our Colorado Master Gardeners from the Arapahoe County’Extension Office came by to start getting our Legacy Garden area ready for planting next month, clearing out and cutting down all manner of last year’s growth. Zach, our student… Continue Reading Getting [...]
- Beeping Easter Eggs with @TelecomPion... — Editor’s Note: An update from our Youth Services Director Brent Batron about what’s coming tomorrow and through the summer for blind youth. Usually the second Saturday of each month is the FAST program at the Center, however this month we will be participate in the Pioneers Easter Egg Hunt! Information is below. Other upcoming events… Continue Reading Beeping [...]
- The end of the snow for 2017? — Was last Thursday night/Friday’s snow the last of the 2017 ski season? Well, it definitely was for CCB, as Friday was our last trip to Eldora (21 miles west of Boulder)for the year. It hasn’t proven to be the last of the snow, however, which is great news for the diehards who just have to… Continue Reading The [...]