- October 30th, 2:30 to 4:30 PM
- Where :
- Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows and everywhere
- 10345 Park Meadows Drive, Lone Tree, CO 80124
Dear Families and TVIs,
Please join us for a discussion about the journeys you are taking with your children. This event will take place during the National Federation of the Blind of Colorado State Convention. We are excited to host a panel of professionals discussing the items to be considered on the journey, beginning with birth and continuing through adulthood.
- Tanni Anthony, Ph.D.
- Director, Access, Learning and Literacy, Exceptional Student Services, Colorado Department of Education Consultant on Blindness/Visual Impairment
- Carlton Anne Cook Walker
- Attorney at Law; Educational Consultant and Advocate, Blindness Education and Advocacy Resources (BEAR), Teacher of Students with Blindness/Low Vision; President, National Organization of Parents of Blind Children (NOPBC)
- Michele Reed, MS
- COMS Certified Orientation and Mobility Specialist, Blind and Low Vision Unit, Colorado Department of Labor and Employment
- Michelle Chacon
- Certified Teacher of the Visually Impaired, Certified Orientation and Mobility Specialist
- Amira Lucas
- Parent of a blind child, Licensed Professional Counselor , Adams
12 Board of Education candidate elect
- Anahit LaBarre
- Certified Teacher of Visually Impaired, Director of Youth Services at the Colorado Center for the Blind
Please join us in person or virtually, as our panelists discuss and answer your questions about the following topics of importance to parents of blind kids:
• Early childhood and transitioning from pre-school into a public school setting
• Accommodations versus modifications; Specially-designed instruction
• IEP goals and what should they look like
• Transitioning into middle and high school
• Post-secondary planning and outcomes
• Parent input and parent roles
• What happens if the IEP team does not agree as to what the child needs on his/her IEP
• What is WIOA, and what does it mean for my teenager?
We hope to see you in person although a virtual option is also available.
If you indicate that you prefer to attend virtually, we will email a link to you the day before the seminar.
We invite you to attend other events at the National Federation of the Blind of Colorado State Convention as well. Registration deadline (is October 20th to have the various meal options.