“FAST” stands for Fun Activities & Skills Training, which is our monthly school-year program directed at blind youth and their families. FAST activities wil occur on either the second Friday evening or second Saturday of each month.
Back to School: Setting goals, seeing progress, and finding success!
- Blind students of all ages and their families.
- CCB’s FAST Program.
- Colorado Center for the Blind
2233 W. Shepperd Ave.
Littleton CO, 80120
- Friday September 13, 2019 from 5- 7:30 PM.
Join us for a fun and informative Friday night of pizza and an array of talking points that will focus on your success both inside and outside of the classroom. We will share tips and tricks for navigating the challenges that come with being a student in today’s academic landscape. We will also discuss resources and programs that are available to you as a Blind student. All ages are welcome. We will have age-focused breakout sessions. Here are some of the topics we can cover on Friday:
- Getting the most out of your I E P
- Self-advocacy in the classroom
- Socializing at school
- Braille, it’s never too early to start learning
- Tips & tricks for staying organized
- Outdated or underutilized? Learn about the abacus and its many uses
- Smartphone Apps & other resources
- Our schedule for the year
To RSVP or for more information, please contact Martin Becerra-Miranda at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (303)778-1130 Ext: 223