April 24, 2020
- Blind students of all ages and their family members
- This will be a virtual meeting on the Zoom platform
- Friday, April 24, 2020 at 7:00 PM
Observing “Social Distancing” guidelines doesn’t have to mean being socially disconnected. The Colorado Center for the Blind FAST program will therefore host a virtual get-together every other Friday evening at 7:00 PM., starting April 24.
April 24: We have all been doing school and work online for weeks now. Some of it is going okay, but there are also real barriers for blind students in the virtual classroom. In light of this ever-changing virtual learning landscape our blind and visually impaired students face due to the pandemic, the Colorado Center for the Blind want to know how this is affecting blind and visually impaired students and to see if there are resources we can offer. We know that by now, most if not all of your school districts have made the difficult decision that in-person classes will not return the remainder of this school year. The Colorado Center for the Blind, the National Federation of the Blind of Colorado and the National Federation of the Blind stand together in supporting your educational and extracurricular needs.
Here are a couple of resources to get started with:
- Don’t Be A Barrier, Be accessible Now ( https://www.nfb.org/blog/dont-be-barrier-be-accessible-now )
- Complete the Education Technology Survey (https://www.nfb.org/programs-services/legal-program/education-technology-survey)
Oh, and we’ll definitely include some fun and “social” activities too!
For additional information or to receive the Zoom Meeting link/phone number, please contact Martin Becerra-Miranda by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Be safe, be kind and be fair,
Director of Youth Services
Colorado Center for the Blind