“I cant’ believe I did it!” Congrats to Serena on Completing her Drop Today!
- What You Carry in Your Soul & a ... — It has been nearly 18 years since Catherine Kudlick first arrived in Littleton as a student at CCB, but the lessons of her training have endured, as she told staff and students in Philosophy Class last Thursday. Cathy’s blindness is due to Nystagmus and she had never used a cane before she came for training.… Continue Reading What [...]
- No Snow Day in 1988: Marking CCB̵... — It’s a big day today. Sure, there’s World Braille Day and Louis Braille’s 209th birthday, and our Independence Training Program students are back from the holiday break and our first Seniors meeting is this afternoon. We’re excited about all that, but here at CCB we’re very excited about something else, too. Today marks 30 years… Continue Reading No [...]
- Your White Cane Can Take You Very Far... — Editor’s Note: Libby graduated from the Center this fall. She recently sent us this photo following a tour to this beautiful spot in her home state, a Navajo Tribal Park. It’s a great testament to how far a blind person can go with a white cane. Sounds like a great trip Libby! . I got… Continue Reading Your [...]
- Ring that Freedom Bell on #COGives Da... — Each student who meets all the requirements for graduation from the Colorado Center for the Blind earns a Freedom Bell. Ringing that bell symbolizes that they are free to pursue the lives they want, free from dependence and lack of blindness skills, ready to challenge society’s low expectations with “Confidence and Self-reliance”. It’s a very… Continue Reading Ring [...]
- Please Give to CCB on Colorado Gives ... — Thanks to the generous support of so many, Colorado Gives Day (CGD) is truly an important part of our annual fundraising. Your contributions support our youth and senior programs as well as challenge recreation and art activities. We thank you for your past support and hope you will continue to support us with your donations… Continue Reading Please [...]