Today we start up again after our annual trip to the National Fedeeration of the Blind Convention in Orlando, but the CCB summer students got back in the swing of things yesterday. Since it was our appointed gardening day with the Master Gardeners, summer students and staff got the privilege of bringing in the first zucchini of the season, as well as some other tasy surprises!
Summer Youth Explore the Garden
- Hard Work & Passion for What You... — More than 130 were in attendance on April 17 for our second annual “Making Connections That Work for You: A Career and College Seminar”. From the beginning in the morning with two phenomenal keynote speakers untl the last breakout ended at 3 p.m., it was a day to learn about the world of work and… Continue Reading Hard [...]
- Agenda: MAKING CONNECTIONS THAT WORK... — 2nd Annual Career and College Seminar Tuesday, April 17, 2018 Lunch is provided. Don’t miss these keynote addresses: Dianne Primavera Dianne Primavera is Chief Executive Officer for Susan G. Komen Colorado. She served in the state legislature for eight years as representative for Broomfield. During her tenure in the Colorado General Assembly, Dianne held terms… Continue Reading Agenda: [...]
- Just what is a “mock interview? — The rule of thumb is that a good resume gets you an interview, but it’s in the interview that you get the job. How can you be successful at interviewing? With coaching and practice! If you have never interviewed for a job before, if you haven’t interviewed for a job since becoming blind, if you… Continue Reading Just [...]
- #FAST Friday to Explore the Stars wit... — Whirling overhead at all times are stars, planets – whole galaxies. Humans have always wondered at them and about them. Blindness is no impediment to curiosity, including in the area of astronomy, nor is their any reason blind people can’t learn much in this field, often thought to be too visual. Some have even become… Continue Reading #FAST [...]
- Reminder: FAST Friday Fast Approachin... — March 9 will be Movie Night And our next FAST Friday at the Colorado Center for the Blind – our monthly activity for blind youth and their families. We’ll kick the evening off with pizza, then watch the documentary film, “Do You Dream in Color?” It follows four California high school students who are blind… Continue Reading Reminder: [...]