Today we start up again after our annual trip to the National Fedeeration of the Blind Convention in Orlando, but the CCB summer students got back in the swing of things yesterday. Since it was our appointed gardening day with the Master Gardeners, summer students and staff got the privilege of bringing in the first zucchini of the season, as well as some other tasy surprises!
Summer Youth Explore the Garden
- Thoroughbred Thursday: Throwdown, Thr... — It’s a horse race, for sure. It started this morning with the announcement that Laura was about to go on her support drop with Daniel. She made it back about 11:30, no problem. Mickey has been working on her mini-meal – for fifteenn guests – for the past couple of days. At noon she served… Continue Reading Thoroughbred [...]
- Summer Was Fun, and Especially Our Sa... — Here are a few pics from our Science Saturday way back in July! Studens rotated between three stations – basic chemistry, a station dedicated to weather, and a robotics class using Lego Mindstorms. With the first serious fall weather this week – misty rain, leaves turning and starting to litter the lawns and sidewalks –… Continue Reading Summer [...]
- Youth Programs Receive Anonymous $10,... — Recently, we were elated to get notification that we had received an anonymous donation of $10,000 designated for our Youth Programs through our Colorado Gives portal. We often receive donations in this way and welcome every one of them. But such generous donations as this one are, not surprisingly, a little out of the norm.… Continue Reading Youth [...]
- Weather, Robots and Chemistry: Summer... — Blind people can and are scientists, even though too often blind youth are discouraged or set off to the side in science classes. With that in mind, each year we conduct a Saturday Science Seminar in conjunction with our summer programs. It’s not exclusive, however, as blind youth are invited whether or not they’re in… Continue Reading Weather, [...]
- NF Challenge Olympic Day 2017 — There wasn’t time to sit still till lunch was served, but none were inclined to do so at Saturday’s #NFChallenge Olympic Day 2017. There were just too many things to try out – beep baseball demonstration with the Colorado Storm, judo and power-lifting, goal ball and tandem bicycling with Eye-Cycle! Everybody got to take a… Continue Reading NF [...]