Today we start up again after our annual trip to the National Fedeeration of the Blind Convention in Orlando, but the CCB summer students got back in the swing of things yesterday. Since it was our appointed gardening day with the Master Gardeners, summer students and staff got the privilege of bringing in the first zucchini of the season, as well as some other tasy surprises!
Summer Youth Explore the Garden
- Eagle Scout Project Enhances Art Room — With many students and the results of their projects, supplies ranging from clay to wax to stone and of course the tools to work with each, an art room can quickly succumb to forces best summed up in the statement: “All things tend toward disorder.” This may be a paraphrase and we certainly don’t recall… Continue Reading Eagle [...]
- J.D. Named Editor of the “Color... — Last Monday our student J.D. couldn’t wait to report his big news. “Good news isn’t as good if you can’t tell someone,” he said at morning announcements. He went on to tell us that he had been named Editor of the Colorado Fire Fighter, the newsletter of the Colorado State Fire Fighters Association (CSFFA). His… Continue Reading J.D. [...]
- What is the Colorado Center for the B... — We put this video together especially to link from our Colorado Gives Day page this year for those who might not have heard of us or know exactly what we’re about. Colorado Gives Day is December 5, and donations received that day online receive a share of an incentive fund, as well as being subject… Continue Reading What [...]
- Watch CCB Indoor Skydiving @iFLYDenve... — I-Fly Denver invited us over on Monday to take flight and learn about the science around wind tunnels and things like force and resistance. There was math involved, just saying. then we got to experience push and pull full-body, so to speak. Here’s a story from CBS Denver Channel 4 last night: Skydiving Business Helps… Continue Reading Watch [...]
- A Peek at Hands-on with the “Sh... — Here are a few photos from the Shared Visions reception at the Colorado Gallery of the Arts at Arapahoe Community College on Thursday night. Everyone got hands on with pieces from Nathan Abels’ painting and drawing classes. CCB students also had laser-cuts of drawings they made in Ann Cunningham’s art class with accompanying Haiku, and… Continue Reading A [...]