As students near the end of their program, they must plan and execute a “Monster Route.” Listen to Vika talk about hers. She graduates in a week!
Vika’s Monster Route: It’ll Turn Your Hair Blue!
- CCB Alum @vi_poonam Guest on @bbcworl... — In this part of the world, the BBC’s World Service can be heard during normal sleeping hours on one of our public radio stations. This week our volunteer photographer/videographer Mike Thompson had the BBC World Service on while falling back to sleep in the wee hours when he heard a familiar voice and a familiar… Continue Reading CCB [...]
- A Stroll through the Corn Maze — Students and staff took a Friday afternoon to visit the Chatfield Farms Corn Maze. Martin took his GoPro along and brought back this footage. It was “Structured Discovery” at its most [...]
- A little about CCB at #NFBCO17 –... — Everyone – staff and students – were in Fort Collins last weekend for the 63rd Convention of National Federation of the Blind of Colorado. For some, it was their first convention, while others were very involved in a number of activities and divisions. Above these three recent alums were at the podium at different moments.… Continue Reading A [...]
- Pie-day Friday — There are always firsts at the Colorado Center for the Blind. For example, today Casey, a relatively new student, went on his first independent route to Romancing the Bean. Sure, he’d been there before, but not traveling on his own. And that’s what makes it a first. Adia has been at the center since August,… Continue Reading Pie-day [...]
- Youth Programs Receive Anonymous $10,... — Recently, we were elated to get notification that we had received an anonymous donation of $10,000 designated for our Youth Programs through our Colorado Gives portal. We often receive donations in this way and welcome every one of them. But such generous donations as this one are, not surprisingly, a little out of the norm.… Continue Reading Youth [...]