We’ve updated our Independence Training Program in time for the National Federation of the Blind’s 2016 convention June 30 to July 5 in Orlando. There are new voices as well as well-known ones, new insights and time-tested gems as well about how the Center’s program can help blind students take charge of their lives with confidence and self-reliance. It’s live, so take a peek on our YouTube channell now!
Our Independence Training Program Video Updated for 2016
- What You Carry in Your Soul & a ... — It has been nearly 18 years since Catherine Kudlick first arrived in Littleton as a student at CCB, but the lessons of her training have endured, as she told staff and students in Philosophy Class last Thursday. Cathy’s blindness is due to Nystagmus and she had never used a cane before she came for training.… Continue Reading What [...]
- No Snow Day in 1988: Marking CCB̵... — It’s a big day today. Sure, there’s World Braille Day and Louis Braille’s 209th birthday, and our Independence Training Program students are back from the holiday break and our first Seniors meeting is this afternoon. We’re excited about all that, but here at CCB we’re very excited about something else, too. Today marks 30 years… Continue Reading No [...]
- Your White Cane Can Take You Very Far... — Editor’s Note: Libby graduated from the Center this fall. She recently sent us this photo following a tour to this beautiful spot in her home state, a Navajo Tribal Park. It’s a great testament to how far a blind person can go with a white cane. Sounds like a great trip Libby! . I got… Continue Reading Your [...]
- Access & #TactileLiteracy: A Day... — Access to concepts and information presented in graphical form has long been a challenge for blind college students. In the past couple of decades the surge in digitally-displayed content has, well, gone supernova. Thus, blind college students need to develop basic tactile literacy with two- and thre-dimensional representations that their sighted peers may have learned… Continue Reading Access [...]
- Sixty Attend Senior Holiday Party 201... — Last Friday’s Senior Holiday Party brought together members of all three of our weekly Seniors groups that meet at the Center – Tuesday, Thursday and Friday – along with sighted and unsighted spouses (insider’s joke), and both old and new friends. There were adult children and grandchildren There. was plenty of food, lots of laughs… Continue Reading Sixty [...]