Build skills and gain confidence!
This 3-week residential program will provide each student with the tools that they need to move forward in high school, college or on a job.
- Live in an apartment with a counselor and a roommate.
- Learn from competent blind adults who use blindness skills daily.
- Plan, shop and prepare delicious meals.
- Organize your apartment – find everything!
- Develop effective methods for handling all aspects of living independently.
- Meet peers who are also blind.
- Attend classes Monday through Friday in Technology, Braille, Independent Travel and Home Management.
- Build interviewing skills, learn about careers, find job leads, write a resume and more.
Charity From Ashes: Colorado Center for the Blind Students Organize Donation Drive for Avista Hospital NICU Babies
With the start of any new year, hopes are high that the trials and tribulations faced by us all can be left behind, and a fresh year can come; 2022 was no different. However, for us living here in Colorado, the new year was signaled with a devastating beacon glowing upon the evening skyline. Starting on December 30, 2021 through January 1, 2022, the Marshall fire raged across the Boulder county area, resulting in 1 death and burning of 1,084 structures and damage to 149 others, with damages estimated around 513 million dollars.… Read the rest “Charity From Ashes: Colorado Center for the Blind Students Organize Donation Drive for Avista Hospital NICU Babies”